Responsible for the strategic direction of the Apprenticeship provision working closely with the Senior Leadership Team to deliver our clients Apprenticeship plan in line with strategic business objectives.
Accountable for design, development, implementation and management of contracted learning programmes, ensuring these are maximised to the fullest potential.
Responsible for implementing the guidance and requirements of the Apprenticeship Levy and presenting at a senior level to our strategic partners and stakeholders.
Be conversant with government strategies in the FE Sector with expert working knowledge of The Apprenticeship Levy.
To deliver and develop a second to none professional service to stakeholders and partners.
Manage and generation new business whilst ensuring all contract management targets are exceeded.
The Apprenticeship Development Manager will support in delivering existing and new business strategies. They will act as an Ambassador for our client and be a member of the Management Team, developing and leading programmes to support Heathrow’s purpose of ‘making every journey better’.
- To successfully lead the Apprenticeship delivery team within the Academy, be accountable as the senior manager for the development of the entire team to promote high performance and increased expertise whilst exceeding targets in line with contractual requirements
- Work with senior stakeholders across the business, Operations Managers, Heads of Operations and Directors in a senior capacity, developing relationships and working together to deliver the strategic business plan. Formulating and delivering clear, concise data on progress of contracts.
- Build strong relationships with partners and stakeholders at Heathrow Airport at a senior level
- Effective management of issues and risks by taking appropriate action where this deviates from agreed tolerance and working with stakeholder to enforce change processes ensuring the integrity of the commercial objectives.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to deliver and exceed performance against targets across all areas of the business
- Drive, develop, support and review curriculum development across all programmes, fully supporting the Academy training delivery team in the management of this
- Work with the quality team to ensure that highest level of quality assurance is developed, delivered and maintained
- Develop key strategic business relationships to support the generation of new income streams in line with business objectives reviewing working with key employers to analysis labour market trends and provide forecasting to drive business development and growth to maximise the use of the Apprenticeship Levy funds
- Manage, develop and oversee tenders and bids for specific stakeholders, including employers, colleges and universities
- Manage, develop and produce comprehensive partnership agreements clearly detailing the service level required. Including the accountability for all client proposals, contracts and any further documentation, following company procedure
- Keeping abreast of issues affecting the learning skills and apprenticeships industry and collecting competitor intelligence at policy level
- Ensure all polices are adhered to in relation not Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Prevent
Qualifications and Experience
Skills, Knowledge and experience required
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the vocational sector at a senior level including regulatory requirements impacting the delivery of apprenticeships through policy and regulatory requirements.
- Be able to communicate with influence at a senior level across the business and with our stakeholders and partners to grow and develop relationships
- Must have experience of working in a corporate/business focused environment at a senior level
- Have an innovative and creative approach to work that maximises business opportunities, delivering results in a pressurised environment
- Excellent management skills with the ability to lead teams and maximise potential
- Confident negotiator and ability to ‘close the deal’
- Strong client management skills and ability to keep promises
- Capable of hands on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
- Managing and working with others to provide a customer focused service to exceed targets
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Capable of working independently, and having responsibility as an individual
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior management role within the education sector
- Ability to communicate and present effectively at Director/CEO level
- Organisational and time management skills
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated evidence in a senior role whilst managing teams to exceed
- Strong leadership style
- This role is subject to a CRB check and 5-year reference history
- Management Qualification at level 5 or above/equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in a management role within the vocational sector
- Ability to manage complex contracts with stakeholders
- Strategy and Business planning at senior level
- Degree in Business/Leadership/Management or similar
Framework and boundaries
The role holder must act as an ambassador for our client at all times; this includes conduct, dress code, delivery standards, values and business behaviours.
- Keeping everyone safe
- Treating everyone with respect
- Giving excellent service
- Working together
- Doing the right thing
- Improving every day
Takes accountability for work, reflects on own actions, and supports others to do the same:
- Holds managers and teams to account for their results, enabling them to take ownership and responsibility
Work as a Team
Work with others to achieve goals and creates a great place to work:
- Inspires colleagues to take responsibility for their work, bringing out the best in others and connecting to Heathrow’s vision
Focus on results
Plans and choses the right course of action for our client
- Considers commercial implications and business value in decision, taking a logical and safe approach
- Develops and updates detailed plans for own team, including timescales, milestones, risk management and relevant budgets
Look after our customers
Provides a high level of service based on an understanding of customers’ needs:
- Ensures success by encouraging the best from others, building Heathrow‘s brand and credibility
Seeks and considers others’ views in order to reach agreement:
- Understands the long term impact of own behaviour, decisions and actions on others
Plays a key role in anticipating, encouraging and supporting
change within the business:
- Helps others understand the impact of changing business priorities and empathises with any concerns