About the role
The Quality & Programmes Manager will report to the Director of Programmes and lead a team to ensure the smooth running of the apprenticeship programmes.
Key Responsibilities Quality Assurance
- Developing and implementing a quality strategy, including SARs and QIPs.
- Develop, implement and manage quality practices that meet the requirements of the business including government and contractual requirements in conjunction with the MIS and Compliance Manager (Framework for excellence, OFSTED Common Inspection Framework, Skills Funding Agency Contracts and other funder’s contracts).
- Implement agreed service changes to improve and raise the standard of teaching and learning in agreed partner organisations and direct delivery.
- Review and recommend updates to quality processes and procedures when any new government initiatives are introduced, or any changes to our regulators are made (Awarding Body, Ofsted and funders).
- Use of OneFile reporting to ensure learners are reviewed timely and work is submitted on time.
- Providing reports to teams and management on learners using OneFile.
- Extracting data from the MIS to monitor retention, pass & achievement rates and to advise the business on actions being carried out to continuously improve outcomes.
- Planning and review of apprenticeship delivery.
- Monitor performance and ensure that the Quality Improvement procedure and processes are carried out to a consistently high standard.
- Collaboratively deliver the OTLA procedure including carrying out OTLAs, participating in moderation and standardisation activities as appropriate.
- Evaluate and ensure that all records of internal verification and sampling activity are up-to-date, ensuring these are available for external verification and any other audits.
- Carry out centre co-ordination duties for agreed Awarding Organisations, EPA Centres and regulatory bodies, including responding to their requirements e.g. provision of information and evidence of good practice.
- Support the management of the appeals procedure and ensure that any corrective actions are carried out within agreed timescales.
- Support the development of schemes of work, lesson plans, individual learning plans and risk assessments to continuously improve the quality of teaching, leaning and assessment.
- Develop and plan the Teaching Excellence/Beyond Satisfactory programme.
- Attend local, regional and national network groups and meetings as appropriate.
- Keep the organisation up to date with national developments in quality assurance, frameworks and National Occupational Standards.
- Develop routine data collection and analysis to report QA trends within the organisation
- Lead on and secure successful External Verification visits.
- Monitor and support sampling activity, lead cross company standardisation and support internal standardisation meetings.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as agreed with line manager.
Coordinating admissions process including:
- Eligibility enquiries and review of applications
- Prior learning checks
- Review of Skills Gap Analysis consultations and final sign off
- Work closely with MIS and Compliance Manager regarding contracting of learners and enrollment on PICS and OneFile
- Work closely with MIS and Compliance Manager regarding DAS account setup for schools and adding learners
- Oversight of liaison with university partners regarding admission of learners for degrees attached to apprenticeships.
- Ensuring an excellent standard of delivery to maximise the learner experience through a high level of teaching.
- Management of the OneFile E-portfolio system to support learners and assessors in the use of the platform.
- Oversight of OneFile and integration of learner profiles with PICS, allocation of learning aims to learners on different programmes.
- Liaise with OneFile to address any technical difficulties learners may be experiencing in accessing their portfolios.
- Management and supervision of assessors and caseloads. The signing of reviews and completion of IQA.
- Organisation of the End Point Assessment process.
- Oversight of at risk learners, implementing support plans with assessors.
- Review of programme delivery through surveys with learners and schools, as well as feedback from assessors.
- Oversee organisation of training days with operations administrator, booking venues and ensuring facilitators and resources are confirmed and available.
- Provide effective team leadership and management.
- Responsibility for resourcing of the Quality & Programmes Team including hiring and performance management duties.
- To ensure regular updates are provided to employers (line mangers) by tutors and coaches on learner progression within review frameworks and running reports via OneFile.
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key business stakeholders, including lead providers, ESFA and internal departments.
- Liaise with internal departments, including partnerships and MIS to support learner tracking.
- Work pro-actively within a developing team.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Teaching, Assessment and IQA Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Significant experience of leading and managing apprenticeship delivery with a track record of improving delivery.
- Wide knowledge of apprenticeships within further education.
- Experience of using the OneFile E-portfolio system.
- Experience of preparing and leading (as a nominee) OFSTED inspection.
- Ability to analyse data and draw conclusions.
- Experience of delivering qualification at level 5 or higher.
- Proven history of meeting targets for quality.
- Successfully coordinating assessor caseloads and learner balancing between assessors to maximise the deployment of resources.
- A track record of effectively employing quality assurance tolls.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication to team members, managers and both internal and external stakeholders.
- A commitment to the provision of a high-quality learning experience.
- High degree of initiative, accuracy, efficiency, and rigorous attention to detail.
- Strong time management, organisational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting competing deadlines.
- Solution focused and objective in approach.