The role will require the successful candidate to have a good understanding of the delivery of
Accountancy as well as a good knowledge of education. This tutor will inspire and ensure that
every candidate is given every possible opportunity to thrive and succeed. They will also be
responsible for mentoring the apprentices during their work placements and ensuring they are in a
safe environment where they can progress and learn. This is a national role so travelling as well as some overnight stays will be necessary.
- Complete thorough and robust IAG with all learners at the start of the qualification and on- going throughout the programme of learning
- Create, monitor and adapt individual learning plans for each learner in your cohort
- Plan and deliver individualised sessions to support the learner in developing the appropriate Skills Knowledge and Behaviour relating to Accountancy
- Plan and monitor learners’ Off The Job Training (OTJT) requirements, based on their programme of learning
- Complete in-depth course reviews with learners every 8 weeks which are compliant with EFSA regulations
- Maintain contact with the learner to promote learning and development every 4-6 weeks, plus additional – as required
- Embedding of key areas Functional Skills, Safeguarding and British Vales within each session
- Promote timely achievement of all learners by planning specific assignments and observations, giving constructive feedback and guidance based on each learners’ individual needs to develop key Skills,
Knowledge and Behaviour relating to Accountancy
- On going management and administration tasks relating to Smart Assessor (online portfolio building tool), including but not limited to session planning, logging results and providing feedback to learners
- Monitor learner and employer use of Smart Assessor
- Prepare for and attend monthly caseload review meetings with Internal Quality Assurer
- Prepare for and attend monthly tutor standardisation meetings at Head Office
- Act as an ambassador at all times, providing key information to all parties involved within the learner journey
- Actively ensure own CPD is kept up to date as per the requirements for Accountancy
Required Education, Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- The Tutor must have a passion for working with people and be committed to raising standards, be reliable, enthusiastic and motivated. They must possess excellent communication skills, teamwork and be able to build and sustain effective working relationships with staff, learners and employers. In addition to this:
- Must be qualified in and able to deliver AAT qualifications up to Level 4
- Hold or working towards TAQA / CAVA or equivalent assessing work-based learning qualification
- Hold or working towards PTLLS or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of apprenticeship delivery as a whole, desirably within Accountancy
- Proven experience in managing the full learner journey; Initial Assessment, IAG, teaching-learning-assessment.
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.