We are looking to appoint an experienced, pro-active and highly organised Data and Funding Manager who will lead the data and funding team. The role is instrumental in delivering timely and accurate learner, course and performance data and funding claims; whilst helping the organisation achieve its funding targets and maintain full compliance with the various funding agencies and examination bodies.
You will ensure meet all data requirements to track the support our apprentices are receiving and requiring whilst monitoring their progress throughout the scheme.
- Provide effective line management of the Apprenticeship Data & Funding Team, planning and managing resources effectively to ensure quality delivery of programme requirements.
- Manage the data processes within the Business Development Unit (BDU) to ensure they are carried out efficiently and effectively to ensure data submissions to funding bodies and internal reporting are accurate and timely.
- Work with the Sales Team, Faculties and SRSC to ensure that apprentice registration deadlines are clear and agreed by all parties. To manage the registration process to the point of handover to SRSC.
- Ensure that all apprenticeship documentation in relation to data & funding is securely managed in line with policy, compliance and data funding requirements.
- Manage the production and submission of accurate, compliant Individual Learner Records (ILR) on a monthly basis to maximise funding claims.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of ESFA, National Apprenticeships Service (NAS) and prime provider contractual requirements; as well as current government reforms ensuring the incorporation into the University’s set up and processes.
- Manage invoicing processes with Finance and employers.
- Undertake internal audits on a regular basis to validate accuracy of data, such as the Individual Learner Records (ILRs).
- Develop and manage the provision of accurate management information (MI) that will ensure decisions and future planning is data driven. Provide ad hoc reporting from the management information system as required.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders including Faculties, Finance and funding bodies.
- Act in an advisory capacity with regards to the management of Apprenticeship Service accounts for employers, ensuring accurate information and monitoring of learners on programme and levy spend. Ensure effective Apprenticeship Service links are in place to maximise income.
- Operate a cycle of continuous improvement identifying and implementing efficiencies that improve business workflow in an effective way.
- Participate in projects involved in expanding the OU Apprenticeship product offer or improving the quality or efficiency of the OU operations as required.
- Participate in quality assurance or other audits of our apprenticeship delivery as required.
Knowledge, work and other relevant experience
- Experience of line management including staff appraisals and development.
- Extensive knowledge of preparing and returning funding claims, funding regulations, systems and audit compliance, to ensure maximisation of funding allocation.
- Direct experience of apprenticeship contracts and associated compliance paperwork required such as Individual Learner Records.
- Extensive experience of developing, implementing and managing system reporting, with proven experience of managing data for large scale government funded learning programmes.
- Excellent working knowledge of government funded education contracts.
- Experience of working within appropriate quality assurance frameworks and ensuring other regulatory requirements are met.
- Ability to analyse data to identify trends in performance and achievement and to measure against national benchmarks.
- Experience of using a large MIS system such as Maytas.
- Thorough knowledge of Apprenticeship funding rules including an understanding of the different funding methodologies for apprenticeship frameworks and standards.
- Experience of providing management information for quality inspections.
- Understanding of the apprenticeship levy and the implications.
- Experience of working with Maytas
- Experience of working within a higher education environment
- An understanding of higher and degree level apprenticeships
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.