Apprenticeship Tutor/Assessor (Plumbing and Heating)
£30k – £35k
We are looking for an outstanding Apprenticeship Tutor/Assessor to join a team and help learners succeed and support company growth. With a passion for training and skills you will plan and deliver across the full Apprenticeship framework and start planning for the delivery of the new Apprenticeship standard.
You will participate in the planning and delivery of programmes within the work based learning qualifications that form Apprenticeships.
- Be actively involved in and support the recruitment, sign-up, induction and initial assessment of learners.
- Promote and hold high expectations of all students and what they can achieve.
- Liaise with employers and apprentices to develop learning and delivery plans that meet the needs, and support timely achievement.
- Support learners to enhance their soft skills and progress within the workplace.
- Contribute to the development and formative assessment of learners to ensure that learning meets individual needs.
- Maintain a safe learning environment, supporting learners in understanding how to keep themselves, and others, safe and notifying management of any risks.
- Promote the fundamental British values of democracy; the rule of law; individual liberty; the mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
- Deliver outstanding learning and assessment through creative methods.
- Support learners to engage and develop maths and English skills.
- Undertake effective progress reviews and set SMART targets with employers and learners to monitor progress and support development and timely achievement.
- Support learners to undertake practical assessments, providing the relevant paperwork and record keeping to comply with awarding body and end-point assessment requirements.
- Ensure full quality compliance with OneFile e-portfolio system to support learners’ timely progress and meet Awarding Body, SFA and Ofsted requirements.
- Liaise with learner support functions, external agencies and parents/carers to ensure that learners make good or better progress.
- Undertake, and support programme colleagues with the administration of delivery.
- Comply with agreed learner retention, attendance and success measure processes
- Participate in, and drive your own, development activity including achievement of the Award in Education and Training (AET)
- A passion for training and skills
- The necessary skills to observe learners and/or apprentices in their workplace, providing support and guidance to enable them to gain the required qualifications
- The experience to know when and how to make interventions to ensure that learner progress is successful and sustainable
- Ability to coach learners
- High ethical and professional standards with the ability to engage effectively with internal and external clients
- An ability to identify commercial opportunities that increase income
- Relevant occupational competence through qualifications and/or job experience are essential.
- GCSE A*-C or equivalent in maths and English
- Academic and / or career background in business administration, customer service or accounting sector
- Assessment and verification qualifications are desirable
- An understanding of safeguarding, equality and diversity, health and safety and child protection legislation as it impacts on learning
- A strong team player who engages in team communications to ensure that all elements of student progress are effectively monitored and co-ordinated by the team
- Organised flexible individual who prioritises tasks and manages their time efficiently.
- Knowledge or experience of Microsoft Office suite, online portfolio systems and accounting or financial sector desirable
- Hold, or work towards, the Award in Education and Training (AET)
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.