Our client are looking for an Apprenticeship Assessor/Internal Verifier, to join their ambitious team based in, Suffolk. This will be a hybrid role involving a mix of assessment and internal verification.
- Delivering information, guidance and advice for the qualification training programme
- Checking eligibility and suitability of training programmes
- Carrying out health and safety programmes
- Completing all funding and quality sign up paperwork
- Setting up delegate training accounts on online systems
- Planning and allocating work along the delegate’s journey
- Completing assessments for the relevant qualifications and preparing delegates for End Point Assessment
- Carrying out delegate and employer reviews
- Completing tutorials
- Monitoring of delegate progress against all learning aims
- Support delivery of training workshops relating to apprenticeship programmes
- Marking of assignments, as allocated, meeting cohort deadlines
- Promoting best practice within design and delivery of apprenticeship programmes, developing support aids for delegates and employers
- Comply with quality checks for funding, delivery of teaching and learning and completion of delegates
- Supporting the administration of the apprenticeship programmes including the delegates learning files to ensure progress can be demonstrated
- Creating sample plans using the IQA strategy, completing quality checks on allocated delegates and providing feedback to assessors
- Creating and monitoring assessor development plans for assessment requirements
- Planning and delivering standardization meetings with Head of Quality
- Completing final IQA activities in order to claim qualifications
- Assisting in EQA monitoring sessions, including preparing delegate information and quality systems
Skills and experience required:
- Experience of working in a management role
- Hold a relevant assessor and IV qualification
- Experience of Assessing Leadership and Management qualifications at Level 3 and, ideally Level 5
- Experience of assessing other qualifications including Customer Service, Business Admin and Project Management
- Experience of designing and delivering training workshops to support apprenticeship programmes would also be helpful, however this is not essential
Please note: the nature of this role will incur some local and occasional national travel, access to your own vehicle is essential and flexibility to occasionally stay overnight is required.
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.