Responsible for the development of new employer business and the recruitment of apprentices in one or more designated sectors ensuring the achievement of the required apprentice starts in line with the required individual targets.
Responsible for providing an excellent level of customer service with both the employer and learner ensuring total customer satisfaction leading to repeat business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure monthly apprentice starts are achieved in line with individual Skills Recruitment Consultant starts targets set by the SMT.
- To input into the CRM ensuring all business opportunities and work activity is accurately reported on a timely basis in the Customer Relationship Management system (CRM).
- To ensure lead generation provided is followed up within the required timescales
- To assist the Head of Sector with establishing and implementing an annual business development and marketing strategy for any designated geographical area/sector.
- To ensure that all marketing/promotional assets used is current, valid and approved.
- To undertake specialist sales and product training in order to meet the skills noted in your job description.
- To participate in the STEPS programme as part of your agreed individual staff development plan.
- To ensure that identified employers and eligible apprentices/learners are assessed accurately through the effective use of the approved TNA and initial assessment tools.
- To source and notify at least three vacancies per month to the Apprentice Recruitment Consultant team
- To ensure that all employers and learners receive a thorough induction and initial assessment and are presented with all relevant information in line with current policies, procedures and practices.
- To ensure the accurate and timely completion of all initial assessment/induction and start/leaver documentation in line with internal and external administration and claims requirements and generally by the 25th of each month.
- To maintain any sourced employer accounts ensuring a customer service visit every four months and completion of any required review documents.
- To ensure that all potential apprentice employment environments comply with Health, Safety and Equality legislative requirements.
- To ensure own staff development and training targets are completed as detailed within the annual Performance Based Objectives.
- To ensure the attendance of all relevant meetings as detailed within the Annual meeting schedule.
- To participate in the staff development programme within the framework of IIP and within the requirements of continuous professional development.
- To ensure that the Equality, Diversity, Health, Safety, Safeguarding and Quality Operating Policies and Procedures are adhered to within your area of responsibility and that any non-compliance is reported to your Line Manager.
- To ensure that any defective equipment/building faults are reported promptly to your Manager.
- To communicate with internal and external agencies, staff, customers, management and peers in a manner appropriate to your position at all times.
- To ensure the Corporate Values of the Company are actively promoted and implement at all times and you act in accordance with the Company confidentiality agreement at all times.
- To follow operational policies, procedures and processes.
- To support a culture that promotes teamwork and discourages divisiveness at all organisational levels.
- This job description is an outline of the main duties and responsibilities of the designated role but other duties may be assigned from time to time as the situation requires.
- Good standard of secondary education, English and writing.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, reasoning and communication skills and an ability to connect with a prospect.
- Good negotiating skills and able to close an opportunity to a successful conclusion with a prospect
- Confident and have the ability to listen and understand and develop solutions aligned to the prospect needs
- Sound administration and organisation skills.
- Computer literate.
- Car owner/driver.
- Well presented.
- Assessing Health and Safety Procedures in a Work Environment Qualification
- Information Advice and Guidance Qualification
- Some relevant sector experience
- Previous QCF/RQF experience
- Labour market knowledge
- Knowledge in key market sector.
- Full clean licence