Responsible for the coaching, training & assessment delivery of activity within a designated Apprenticeship programme, maintaining the quality of provision to the standards determined by OFSTED, Awarding Bodies, EPA, funding agencies and regulatory bodies.
Operations Director/Head of Sector or designated Team Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist and support the Vice President, Operations Director, Head of Sector and Management team with the implementation of the annual business strategy plan within your designated geographical area and/or skills sector.
- To deliver and develop own skills and professional qualifications to support Apprentice training in a blended learning approach that includes coaching, assessment, individual and group training.
- To undertake coaching activity ensuring all apprentices are visited using a variety of communication tools including employer, virtual and workshop activity.
- To ensure the successful delivery of all apprenticeship programmes and RQF outcomes in line with the contractual requirements, performance and own individual Skills Coach target outcomes.
- To maintain own learner retention volumes in line with national and local targets.
- To actively update and undertake training in developing your own awareness in line with the training, teaching assessment and coaching requirements
- To ensure that the quality of own work submitted for achievement meets both GPSTL, regulatory and End Point Assessment requirements.
- To ensure that skills coaching, training and testing work undertaken by you is maintained with a nil tariff status within your designated region.
- To ensure that evidence is uploaded to e.track and feedback is provided to learners in a timely manner.
- To ensure that programme evidence is submitted for final IQA and the Gateway in a timely manner in line with target date requirements.
- To coach and mentor Apprentices towards achievement of their Apprenticeship programme
- To ensure that certificates and portfolios are issued to learners in a timely manner.
- To assist and support the Skills Recruitment Advisors to develop new and existing business within all areas of business operations.
- To participate in the staff development programme within the framework of IIP and within the requirements of continuous professional development.
- To ensure that the Equality, Diversity, Health, Safety, Safeguarding and Quality Policies are adhered to within your area of responsibility and that any non-compliance is reported to your Manager
- To ensure that any defective equipment/building faults are reported promptly to your Manager.
- To communicate with internal and external agencies, staff, customers, management and peers in a manner appropriate to your position at all times.
- To ensure that the corporate values of the company are actively promoted and followed at all times.
- To act in accordance with your confidentiality agreement with the company at all times.
- To follow operational policies, procedures and processes.
- To support a culture that promotes teamwork and discourages divisiveness at all organisational levels.
This description is an outline of the main duties and responsibilities of the designated role but other duties may be assigned from time to time as the situation requires.
Good standard of secondary education.
Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
Current sector occupational competence and evidence of ongoing CPD practice at the appropriate level.
Good administration skills.
Must be computer literate.
Excellent communication skills.
Good networking skills.
Car owner and driver.
Willingness to travel across the UK.
One year coaching/training or teaching experience.
PTLLS Level 3 or equivalent teaching qualification
Professional qualification/ Degree.
5 years occupational experience/qualification.
QCF/RQF Level 2, 3, 4 or 5
Level 2 Maths Functional Skills or above
Level 2 English Functional Skills or above
Level 2 ICT or above
Microsoft Office/other DTA.
Labour market knowledge.
Full clean licence.