To deliver the coaching and mentoring elements of Apprenticeship Standard (AS) programmes to our client and external AS clients, ultimately ensuring successful outcomes for learners and for the Academy and its clients.
The role reports in to the General Manager, working closely with the Head of Teaching & Learning, Head of Talent and Lead Tutors.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Having an excellent working knowledge of the AS programme and the subject area that can be used to guide and support each learner towards successful completion. Working to target completion rates of 70%+ per programme.
- Carrying out 12 weekly face to face coaching sessions with learners and their line managers to review progress. Ensuring that the 20% ‘on the job’ aspect of each AS is thoroughly probed and tracked accordingly
- Carrying out 4 weekly additional calls/Skype calls/visits with learners to support and monitor progress
- Monitoring progress of each learner to ensure that they are on track to complete their AS programme successfully. Providing additional help or resources for those who are falling behind and those who need to be ‘stretched and challenged’
- Assisting each learner to catch up on the programme in the event that they have missed workshops or face to face learning
- Working closely with the lead tutors and Head of Teaching & Learning on each programme to get feedback on all learners at every key milestone. Attending the Face to Face elements of the programme in person as often as feasible
- Writing up all relevant paper work including visit reports in a timely fashion and ensuring that these are uploaded to Apprentix
- Helping each learner to prepare for their End Point Assessment as appropriate, for example reviewing assessments, portfolios and role play of professional discussions
- Helping delegates in a more pastoral sense, for example by sharing time-management and wellbeing information and techniques
- Staying up to date with adult education and training best practice in coaching and developing an excellent understanding of the AS regulations and processes and how they relate to the role of the DC
Qualifications and skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an intuitive and empathetic listener and communicator who can display confidence when working with learners and their line managers at all levels of seniority
- Excellent attention to detail, process and project management skills
- Good organisational skills and time management skills, able to efficiently plan time given the need for travel to multiple locations
- Flexible – willing to go the extra mile to get the job done and to support each and every delegate
- Diplomatic when dealing with sensitive information, particularly in respect of the learner and their relationship with their line manager
- Strong I.T. literacy including a strong working knowledge of Apprentix
- Able to share success stories and promoting the Academy’s work (internally and externally) to grow awareness for the Academy brand
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work independently
- Highly collaborative, with good inter-personal skills – persuasive, bright and positive
- Can-do attitude
Office based at a key location 37.5 hours per week, with an extremely flexible approach to working hours. Frequent travel to other sites will be required as well as occasional weekend and or evening work
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.