Job Summary :
The prime role of a Tutor within our organisation is to support the progress and
development of learners throughout the lifetime of their involvement with us. This will
include working closely with learners, to understand their needs and structure an
appropriate learning programme; with employers, to ensure that their needs as a
paying customer are identified and met; and with internal colleagues to develop
programme materials and content.
You will be responsible for the coaching and development of our Digital Marketing
School learners through the Apprenticeship Standards Programme. You will deliver
coaching sessions and facilitate teaching and learning that encourages accelerated
learning and results in new knowledge and skills being applied into the workplace.
- Plan, prepare and deliver one to one coaching sessions with learners and employers
- Review the learners progress at agreed intervals, ensuring employer involvement in each review
- Contribute towards the development of our programmes and follow the agreed structures for delivery
- Be responsible for ensuring the learner keeps records for all learning activities undertaken during the apprenticeship
- Plan and preparing schemes of work, lessons or workshops
- Support and prepare learners in readiness for their end assessment
- Quality assure the evidence provided for an agreed cohort of learners, providing feedback to ensure the evidence provided meets the end assessment requirements of the standard
- Liaise with employers to ensure the best experience for both learner and employer
- Developing new course content and teaching materials
- Keep records and carry out other administrative tasks
- Attend meetings, professional development courses and workshops
- Act as personal tutor – supporting students and helping with problems
- Help develop the literacy, numeracy skills of ALL learners
- Refresh and develop new programmes in order to attract new students and markets
- Ensure the highest levels of quality, integrity and ethics in all our delivery
- Create a dynamic and forward looking environment for both staff and students
- Engender a culture of excellence, co-operation and respect both within and beyond the department
- Make effective use of all staffing resources and seek opportunities for collaboration and joint working with others beyond the department and organisation
- Liaise closely with the Qualification Support Officers allocated to your learners
- Carry out any tasks set by co-workers that support the learner’s progress
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment for both staff and students, and full compliance with health and safety requirements
- Comply with auditing, quality assurance and risk management procedures both internal and external
- Work with the employer and learner engagement teams to promote the department in a positive light
- Attend all pre-defined organisational meetings, including centre meetings and weekly Friday afternoon meetings
Whilst the role does not require specific formal qualifications it is expected that all
candidates will have:
- Qualified to Degree Level in a subject relevant to your department
- Minimum Level 2 / GCSE grade C in English
- Minimum Level 2 / GCSE grade C in Mathematics
- Hold a Teaching Qualification/Assessor/ IQA Qualification.
- Achieved or be working towards a recognised coaching qualification
- Must have minimum 1 years’ teaching/training/coaching experience or similar experiences
- Minimum 4 years experience in a related digital role
- Attention to detail and good report writing skills.
- Have awareness of local and national priorities and an ability to work under pressure.
- Strong analytical, administrative and organisation skills and great attention to detail.
- Good communication and presentation skills – both written and verbal
- Have the ability to engage constructively with people
- Have the ability to manage a number of competing demands
- Have experience of coaching mentoring others
- Good knowledge of relevant computer programs (e.g. CRM software) and telephone systems
- Excellent spoken English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances
- Be willing and able to exercise judgement and take risks
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.