Our client was established in 1969, as a charitable organisation, and has been providing first class, accredited training ever since.
Working in conjunction with Sector Skills Councils, the Education and Skills Funding Agency and various awarding bodies, our client delivers a wide range of Level 2, 3 & 4 Apprenticeships as well as a variety of commercial, vocational bespoke training options and traineeship programmes across the Midland regions.
Originally set up to train and develop engineers, we have steadily increased our qualifications and commercial training and currently work with over 300-member companies in over 25 areas, offering 100’s of employment opportunities. In October 2015 they invested in a purpose-built Training Centre, situated in Kettering. They offer, a day release provision, full time off the job training available for employers with Apprentices, and full-time programme for those looking to secure an engineering apprenticeship.
We have two full time permanent Instructor/Trainer roles we are looking to fill. Multi Skilled individuals across one or the following areas- mechanical, maintenance, electrical, welding & fabrication, manufacturing.
These are dual roles, individuals will deliver within the training centre two days per week, apprenticeship day release for technical certificates and either two days within the workplace training/commercial training.
Our client is willing to take someone on with no Assessor/Trainer qualifications but you must be willing to work towards the qualification and have an electrical background.
- To develop schemes of work, session plans, resources and individual learning plans to support learners to develop skills, knowledge, competencies and behaviours to achieve end point assessments- meeting the needs of the learner and employer
- Make effective contributions to support the development of the company
- Complete training plans, sessions, workshops and activities with learners and ensure regular progress reviews are complete with learners and employers
- Maintain accurate learner records in learner files, tracking spreadsheets and provide monthly reports to the Training Manager
- Develop relationships with learners, employers, parents/careers to support apprenticeship achievement and individual learning and development
- Provide support, assistance and professional guidance to assist learners with their progression, including effective assessment planning and portfolio development
- Undertake projects/development tasks to improve performance and delivery of the organisations training provision
- Work alongside the functional skills co-ordinator to support the delivery of functional skills and new learner Inductions
- Promote Equality, Health & Safety, Safeguarding, Quality Assurance and Continuous improvement throughout the organisation
- Participate in all organisational promotional activity, assist at careers conventions when requested and actively support with trainee/company recruitment
- Participate in all recommended opportunities for Training and Development to enhance your role within the organisation
- Complete addition duties and activities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Achieved Functional Skills Level 2 in English, Maths & ICT or equivalent qualifications (or willing to work towards)
- Monitoring of learner performance to achieve deadlines
- Experience of classroom, 121 and workplace delivery
- Experience of developing strategies and resources for apprenticeship delivery
- Relevant Teaching Qualification
- TAQA/Assessors Award (or equivalent or willing to work towards qualification)
- Qualified at HNC or above/willing to work towards
- IQA or equivalent verification qualification
- E-Portfolio Experience
Salary and Benefits
The salary band is between £30,000-£34,250 pa- this includes a £5,000 car allowance.