LOCATION: Essex and surrounding areas.
You will develop and deliver dynamic learning programmes that meet the needs of learners and utilise multiple and diverse teaching and learning strategies. You will plan and deliver employability skills as required and deliver in a group setting to learners of varying abilities.
- Deliver consistently good or better teaching sessions, incorporating an effective range of learning strategies and technologies that enable outstanding learning outcomes
- Plan and deliver functional skills as an embedded part of the training programme
- Assess learners’ needs and set robust plans and targets to meet their needs on an individual basis
- Achieve outcomes for clients that provide a wide range of benefits including jobs, apprenticeships, qualifications and other progression routes
- Provide both academic and pastoral support to students, working with them to raise their ambition and aspiration, ensuring they realise their full potential
- Manage data for learners including initial assessment, enrolment, and daily registration and ensure all requests for ALS & support needs are processed efficiently
- Manage individual learner targets, always ensuring that learners are being stretched and challenged to ensure their onward progression
- Deliver learning programmes flexibly across the provision
- Work with the Head of Curriculum and Quality and Innovation Centre colleagues to continually strive for excellence and improve standards
- Contribution to standardisation, team meetings and the Performance Board cycle
- Undertake aspects of student assessment including assessment of portfolios and liaison with internal and external verifiers and awarding bodies as required
- A strong track record of good or better teaching and learning delivery, whilst achieving high levels of student success.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to engage and inspire young and sometimes disengaged people
- Ability to work under pressure
- Professional, accountable and responsible work ethics
- 3 years teaching/training experience within and vocational context
- Capable of utilising IT applications and interactive training tools
- Teaching Qualification. PTTLS/DETS/DTLLS/PGCE
- Level 2 Numeracy and Literacy
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.