We are looking for an outstanding teacher who is motivated and committed to the success of their students. If you can bring English to life in a way that engages, inspires and leads to high achievement, then you will be successful here at NHC.
- You will develop and deliver dynamic learning programmes that meet the needs of learners and utilise a diverse range of teaching and learning strategies. You will plan and deliver English in a group setting to learners of varying abilities.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the promotion of courses and the recruitment and enrolment of students.
- Ensure effective assessment of students to help to ensure that learning meets individual needs.
- Maintain a safe learning environment by supporting students in understanding how to keep themselves, and others, safe and notifying management of any risks.
- Promote the fundamental British values of democracy; the rule of law; individual liberty; the mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
- Utilise a wide range of teaching and learning tools to create interesting and engaging learning opportunities.
- Deliver outstanding learning, using creative learning strategies that will inspire and engage students to reach their full potential.
- Provide students with academic and pastoral support to help them achieve their goals.
- Mark and assess students’ work, providing feedback that supports students to improve.
- Take responsibility for the progress and achievement of all students on your course.
- Champion our Maths and English strategy and embed the development of these in your teaching.
- Lead a programme or course, maintaining high standards of behaviour and performance, and providing high quality experiences to raise students’ aspirations.
- Liaise with student support functions, external agencies and parents to help ensure that students make good or better progress.
- Use and analyse programme data to support effective course management.
- Deliver IAG to support students’ decision making and high rates of progression.
- Teacher or lecturer with demonstrable experience of delivering outstanding teaching and learning or relevant industry experience.
- Experience in successfully delivering Functional Skills English and GCSE English.
- Ability to inspire and engage students to achieve their full potential and a passion for teaching and learning.
- Organised with an ability to work towards challenging targets and manage time effectively.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject or hold a relevant occupational qualification in the subject area.
- Relevant teaching qualification or willingness to work towards one.
- A*-C in maths and English.
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.