- Participate in the planning and delivery of a range of programmes within the subject area to include short courses, full qualifications and apprenticeships at levels 2-5
- Deliver consistently good training and assessment within the curriculum through an effective variety of teaching and learning activities
- Carry out practical assessments, providing the relevant paperwork and record keeping in compliance with the department and awarding body requirements.
- Internally verify learners assessed work as required by the organisation and awarding body regulations. (if qualified)
- Be actively involved and support the recruitment, sign up and induction of students
- Ensure high standards of Health & Safety at all times in accordance with regulations and college Policy, notifying the line manager or appropriate manager of any risks
- Comply with agreed student retention, attendance and success measures in line with key performance expectations
- Undertake administrative duties related to the curriculum and individual students and assessors to enable outstanding outcomes for all students
- Support learners to enhance their soft skills and progress within the workplace
- Liaise with employers and apprentices to develop learning and delivery plans that meet the needs, and support timely achievement Undertake tutorials and reviews to monitor and support learner progress
- Use online portfolio to departments requirements
- Be able to travel to meet client requirements (national accounts)
- Support learners to engage and develop maths and English skills through use of BKSB
- The necessary skillset and experience to plan and deliver outstanding training programmes and workshops
- Qualifications and experience working in a clinical setting
- Level 2 qualifications in literacy and numeracy
- Assessor qualification
- Relevant teacher training qualifications are desirable
- The necessary experience, skills and personal qualities to develop outstanding relationships with both internal and external clients
- The necessary skills to observe students / apprentices in their workplace, providing support and guidance to enable them to gain their desired qualifications
- The experience to know when and how to make interventions to ensure student progress is successful and sustainable
- High ethical and professional standards with the ability to engage effectively with internal and external clients
- A sound knowledge of a range of IT applications including online portfolio systems
- An ability to identify commercial opportunities to maximise income within the department in line with the college’s strategic plan
- Ability to coach learners
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.