Base Salary 24K + Car allowance of 4k annually or a company car (accessible following successful PP) and IT Package – Laptop, mobile phone, tablet, laptop trolley bag
Main purpose of role:
To provide coaching, teaching, learning and assessment to learners in person, allowing them to develop and achieve pre-set goals.
- To promote the company as a quality training provider.
- Ensure that the learner has a thorough induction which includes Employment Rights and Responsibility, programme information, Health & Safety and Equality and Diversity.
- To assess vocational learners on various programmes at their workplace.
- Prepare and review action and assessment plans.
- Record all learning, assessment and contact with learners.
- To action, plan and track candidate progress during their programme of learning.
- To review the progress of learners, ensuring their continued welfare and development.
- To ensure both paper and electronic assessment, review and verification records are completed, accurate, up to date and submitted to Head Office on due dates.
- To ensure all health and safety policies and procedures are carried out whilst observing candidates in their workplace.
- To provide advice and guidance during and at exit of programme.
- Attend assessor and standardisation meetings as required.
- To monitor own performance against agreed targets to ensure continued cost effectiveness. To discuss and agree actions with Assessment Team Managers at monthly supervision meetings.
- To manage own personal development, continuously reviewing and developing areas of personal expertise in order to fully meet organisational and client needs.
- To be conversant with the contents of the Staff Handbook including the disciplinary procedure.
- To ensure that any other duties are carried out as requested by your Line Manager
- Effectively interact with other departments
- Leading or working on Projects
- Liaising with other relevant individuals across the business.
- Any other duties as may be required
- A1 or equivalent
- V1 or equivalent
- Willingness to undertake any relevant additional qualifications
- Relevant occupational competency, i.e. NVQ level 2, 3 or 4.
- Previous Experience of Assessing
- Two years previous experience in similar role
Technical Competencies and Skills
- IT literate including confident use of Word and Excel
- Ability to develop effective working relationships at all levels
- Strong Time Management Skills
- Strong People Management Skills
- Functional Skills in Numeracy and Literacy
- Driving Licence
Interpersonal Skills, Intellectual Ability
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong Communication Skills both verbal and written
- Attention to detail
- Team Player
- Self -Motivation and flexibility to work outside normal hours
- Display enthusiasm, energy and self -motivation
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.