Purpose of role
To be an integral part of the overall service that will deliver health interventions including: health and vocational reviews, delivery of group and one to one workshops on condition management, therapeutic interventions such as counselling, within a holistic person-centred framework whilst working to professional guidelines and in partnership with a caseworker and existing local services.
- To provide evidence based written reports on the clinical aspects and likely functional impact of a wide-range of health conditions and disabilities. The report will provide clinical recommendations that will ascertain the type and level of interventions that will be
required to address customer barriers, in order to support those customers into sustainable employment within given contractual timeframes
- To recommend and effectively select and use a range of therapeutic techniques and interventions relevant for the field of practice and be able to make appropriate onward-referrals, to ensure continuity of services and to provide additional support to the client base
- To manage a caseload of clients with unmet health needs, with a minimum of two weekly contact to be recorded onto Maytas
- To carry out all necessary administrative tasks for clients on caseload
- To maintain effective working relationships and regular liaison with Caseworkers to ensure referrals to interventions are maximised and KPI’s are met and exceeded where possible
- To provide consultation, advice and training on clients’ psychological and physical care to colleagues within the service, including caseload conferencing on a regular basis
- To take personal responsibility for one’s continuous professional development and maintain an up to date clinical knowledge and actively participate in clinical supervision
- To accurately maintain relevant IT and administrative systems and produce accurate and timely management information
- To adhere to quality processes and procedures and monitor own progress towards business and individual objectives
- Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, each employee has a responsibility to Health and Safety and must also adhere to their responsibilities as laid out in the H&S Policy
- Any other related duties as required by the business objectives
- Must be in possession of a professional membership including professional registration, with a valid licence to practice in the UK and no sanctions.
- Must be flexible to travel across a range of locations across up to 8 London boroughs and must also be willing to work outside of core s to meet business and customer needs.
- Able to demonstrate awareness of current national health and wellbeing strategies and initiatives and the ability to lead on and champion support interventions
- An adept communicator with the ability to persuade, influence and listen to others
- Displaying strong motivational, customer service and organisational skills
- Competent in the use and purpose of technology with excellent IT and report writing skills
- In possession of demonstrable lateral thinking skills and clinical judgment
- Enthusiastic and flexible team player with high expectations of self and others
- Able to work under pressure, on own initiative and constantly seek to improve
- Satisfactory Employment/Disclosure check, commensurate to job role
- HCPC/NMC/GMC/UKCP/BABCP/BACP/BACO/CSOP standards of proficiency, conduct, performance and ethics
- Customer needs, wants and expectations
- Public and inter-agency support services
- Clinical and complementary therapies
- Informed psychological and therapeutic techniques
- Equal opportunities and diversity
- Mental health, physical and personal barriers
- Communication and Interpersonal
- Organisational, prioritisation and time management
- Report writing
- Customer service
- Persuading and Influencing
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.