Main purpose of the job:
Responsibility for the development of a cohort of apprentices against quality & various KPIs. Provide support & guidance throughout the apprentice’s learner journey to ensure progression against key milestones including qualifications & competencies as defined by the standard Build a relationship with the apprentice’s line manager (& other employer staff as required) to facilitate the apprentice’s development & time commitments & to review development & align with employer performance measures.
Key activities of the job holder:
• Complete induction presentations & apprentice sign up administration
• Run monthly meetings with Apprentices in the work place & remotely
• Respond to the apprentice’s remote queries &/or support requirements as required
• Measure & assess progress of the apprentice against the objectives & milestones of the
agreed learner journey
• Complete all required documentation to evidence work completed in line with the quality
requirements, including tracking time spent off the job learning requirements
• Interpret learning outcomes personally to the apprentice’s role & environment
• Advise the apprentice how work based experience can relate to development against
• Set activities to develop the apprentice’s competence against the defined learning outcomes
• Advise and coach the apprentice on relevant evidence to support the creation of a portfolio
of work in line the end point assessment requirements
• Support the apprentice in working towards their professional qualification
• Escalate where concerns over apprentice progress or employer support, where cannot
• Decide in discussion with the Delivery Director & apprentice’s line manager, when the
apprentice is ready for end point assessment
• Support & coach the apprentice in preparation for end point assessment
• Attend coach’s development / standardisation meetings as required
• Two years occupational experience in the relevant professional sector
• Experience in apprenticeship delivery is preferable but not essential
• Learner focused with a proven track record in coaching and supporting their achievement,
retention and motivation
• A1 qualification – preferable but not essential
• Functional Skills in Maths and English at a minimum of Level 2
• Good working knowledge of Apprenticeships and a relevant professional qualifications via
the Chartered Insurance Institute
• Comfortable with using IT and e-portfolios
• Full, clean UK driving license
• Commitment to own continuous professional development
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.