We are now in the process of taking our learning and expertise and creating an Academy that will take our training and employment support model further incorporating our corporate and community Learning and Development programmes, utilising external revenue sources and maximising the apprenticeship levy.
We are looking for an experienced Professional Coach with a can-do approach who is self starter and able to manage own caseload. Professional Coach will be joining a newly created team so ideal candidate will have confidence in recommending processes, standards and good practice across organisation when it comes to quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
Experience in planning, designing and delivering high quality classroom workshops and leading standardisation and development activities is essential for this role as well as ability to work with mature and experienced learners.
Principle Outputs & Responsibilities
- To design and deliver internal developmental and induction training programmes
- To work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to determine course content
- To deliver apprenticeships up to Level 5 (essential, ideally already delivering minimum Level 5 qualification through CMI or ILM)
- To undertake appropriate initial assessment of learners to establish their starting point on the programme
- Support wider team in preparing schemes of works for the programme
- Prepare Individual assessment plans
- Deliver elements of Functional Skills as a part of the programme. Our client is aiming to have designated Functional Skills coach who will lead on the delivery of Functional Skills however delivery of this area will form part of all delivery staff KPIs
- Maintain up to date records for each learner. This would include infirming Data Coordinator of any changes to learners’ personal details as well as maintaining up to date E portfolio.
- Carry out regular progress reviews with learners and their managers ensuring learners are on track for timely completion
- Take part in all standardisation activities
- Deliver group, 1:1 and online training
- Comply with internal quality assurance strategy in order to ensure that teaching and assessment are delivered to a high standard.
- To maintain their caseload and minimise learners withdrawals
- Contribute to the self – assessment and continues development activities
- Undertake appropriate trainings to increase quality of programme delivery and any other aspects of job
- Carry out day to day administrative tasks assigned by line manager
- Ensuring that all learners have regular, quality progress reviews.
- Preparing learners for End Point Assessment
It is essential to the development of the service that the post holder is able to respond flexibly and positively to changes in the requirements of this post. This job description is therefore a guide to the level and range of responsibilities the post holder will be expected to undertake initially and the duties of this post may be altered from time to time to meet changing demands following review and consultation with the department Head of Service.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of standards up to level 5 with different awarding bodies
- Knowledge and understanding of Apprenticeship reform, new standards and End Pont Assessment requirements.
- Proven knowledge of effective teaching, learning and assessment practices to engaged learners and ability to support Professional Coaches in delivering outstanding level of teaching and assessing.
- Ability to support and motivate learners and professional coaches through difficult and challenging times
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage own diary
- Ability to support Professional Coaches taking learners through completion in a timely manner
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to influence and negotiate with customers at all levels
- Experience in designing and delivering Level 5 Leadership and management qualification, this including awarding body accredited qualifications as well as in house programmes.
- Administrative /customer service experience within a fast paced role
- Knowledge of funding streams and funding requirements for the delivery of Apprenticeships, and other skills programmes
- At least five years’ experience of working in an education, as a tutor, training and development environment with a demonstrable track record of successful outcomes
- Proven experience of successfully managing the full learner journey; initial assessment, IAG, diagnostic, teaching-learning-assessment, including classroom and 1:1 delivery
- Experience of using e-portfolio systems e.g. One File
- Experience with CMI Awarding body
Professional Qualifications and Membership
- Teaching Qualification minimum Level 3
- Level 5 teaching qualification or similar and Qualified Teacher Status- desirable
- D32/A1/TAQA qualified- essential
- D33/V1/IQA qualification – desirable
Decision Making Accountability
The post holder will be responsible for (Top 3 decisions):
- Learners progression on the programme and timely completions.
- Designing and delivering classroom workshops. All delivery team is delivering session to outstanding standards
- Ensuring quality and compliance of teaching learning and assessment. This include quality planning of delivery models, Schemes of work, session plans and resources.
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.