The purpose of the role is to enable, support and manage all learners in the given caseload to successfully complete their Apprenticeship within the agreed timeframe of their Individual Learning Plan.
Key tasks and accountabilities:
- Create assessment/learning plan for each learner in allocated caseload designed to meet the requirements of the individual’s qualifications portfolio. Prepare, agree and review this with each learner.
- Collate evidence of teaching, learning & assessment and upload to the e-portfolio.
- Ensure learners undertake 20% off the job training and this is recorded on the e-portfolio.
- Visit learners in person and/or remotely (via appropriate software) to provide coaching support, prepare action plans, undertake assessments, check learning, provide feedback on progress and give learners the opportunity to discuss their learning.
- Check learning has taken place from training sessions and conduct formative assessment via question and answer, discussions, mock assessment, observations etc. in preparation for end-point assessment.
- Identify additional learning support requirements that would enhance the learner’s ability to achieve their learning aims to their full potential and ensure referrals are made and necessary support is provided.
- Ensure that all elements of the Apprenticeship Standard are covered and assessed in line with the assessment plan.
- Liaise with Functional Skills Tutor to ensure provision of support for learners diagnosed to be working at or near to the required level with a view to exam entry at an early stage in their apprenticeship programme.
- Ensure that evidence collected, assessed and submitted meets the requirements of the Apprenticeship Standard with due regard to best practice improvements recommended by the IQA.
- Liaise with Skills Coach Manager and Business Development Team to resolve any instances of learners being enrolled onto programmes which are not appropriate for their level and / or prior learning.
- Ensure all learners are regularly accessing their e-portfolio. Analyse e-portfolio ‘user records’ to check and support learner engagement with the programme.
- Conduct inductions and ensure all documents required to enrol each learner are accurate and ESFA compliant.
Ensure each learner has an Individual Learning Plan and that the ILP:
- Is completed with the correct learner details
- Is updated at the end of each assessment or review visit
- Accurately represents the learners current position and identifies learning and assessment requirements
Monitor learner attendance to training sessions, liaising with the Learning & Development Coordinator to reschedule missed sessions if possible, and following up on poor attendance issues with learners.
Conduct Exit Reviews as learners complete their Apprenticeship Standard.
Review the progress of each learner weekly, using a RAG status rating to identify and monitor which learners are Ahead of Target, On Target, Behind Target.
Plan and implement recovery actions to support learners who are behind target.
Prepare business reports for the Senior Management Team on learner progress and achievement and make recommendations for further improvements.
Attend regular Case Review meetings and present and overview of the progress of each learner in the case load.
Engage with employers and provide feedback on learner progress to line managers as appropriate.
Maintain a professional approach at all times on client premises.
Support with OFSTED inspections / ESFA Audits / other related accreditation visits being available to provide evidence with 2-day notice.
Invigilate exams in line with awarding body requirements where required.
Ensure the safety of self, other employees and learners in accordance with the Quantet safeguarding policy.
Attend regular team meetings and moderation/benchmarking meetings.
Liaise with the Quality team to monitor the changing landscape of the funding, standards and quality assurance requirements, identifying development areas that the business should act upon.
Ensure that equality and diversity are promoted and embedded within the curriculum, and if required, confidently challenge and develop learners’ tolerance to difference.
Exemplify British Values at all times and refer all Prevent related concerns to the Safe-Guarding Officer in line with your responsibilities as a teaching professional under the Prevent Duty.
Manage own continued professional development through undertaking relevant training and sharing of best practice.
Carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.