To manage the data of the business to ensure the business achieves its strategic goals and meets funding and audit requirements. To lead the Data team to achieve high performance.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to anticipate problem areas, whether that be funding or performance related.
- Provide a detailed breakdown in all aspects of data and performance on a monthly/weekly and ad-hoc basis.
- Identify areas of good practice and develop and maintain robust internal audit systems covering learner records and health and safety.
- Work with the quality coordinator to evaluate systems and recommend improvements.
- Work towards ‘live reports’, either by creating dashboards in SQL, or by working closely with the development of the e-portfolio (paperless system) to incorporate ‘live reporting’ within the new system.
Production and reporting of:
- KPI and performance reports relating to the contract.
- Weekly and monthly statistical information relating to performance.
- Reports to highlight performance issues and advise on appropriate action.
- Prepare data for monthly performance meetings with the operational staff and management.
- Ensure that strong communications are in place and that Regional teams fully understand the influence that their performance has on the contract.
- Monitor all performance failures, highlighting areas of concern, to Regional Team Leaders.
- Identify and report on any reoccurring issues or failures.
- Lead other people in the business in your area of responsibility (IQA, Compliance and Data).
- Develop the skills-set within the Data Team.
- Approve IQA’s to make direct claims to the Award body on completion of Learner Aims.
- Work closely with Compliance to develop a ‘right first time’ target for documentation and compliance.
- Support the senior management and Regional teams to deliver key business objectives.
- Work with the business/finance team in breaking down ESFA reports by Region to calculate monthly income.
- Take full responsibility and accountability for ensuring that:
- Our profile is accurate to within an acceptable tolerance based on current caseload demographics.
- Alert the Senior Leadership Team to underperformance on the contract and managing the risks
- Report to the SLT where income is over profile and when we need to apply for growth on contracts
- Ensure all reports are automated on a weekly basic
- Manage PDSAT data and ensure that all data is clear within 30 days of noticing errors to ensure that we are risk free from a PFMA audit
- Work with the compliance lead to resolve data issues and manage audit risks
- Keep up to date on Apprenticeship schemes and recommend adjustments to ways of working and handling finances that become necessary
- Complete a report to the SLT
- The above duties will require you to read all funding documents appropriate to the contract year and any further published documents as they are released and advise on any upcoming changes to assist in the decision-making process for ICON
- Any other related duties as required by the business objectives.
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
- Audit and Government contractual requirements
- Auditing tools and techniques
- Contract /PDSATs /claims processes/systems
- PICS system
- Communication skills, with the ability to motivate, persuade, influence and listen to others and build effective working relationships
- Strong motivational, customer service and organisational skills
- Experience in auditing, contract and quality compliance, and data analysis
- Outstanding analytical skills with the ability to communicate complex information in both written and verbal form, with proven report writing skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Demonstrable lateral thinking and planning skills
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels
- Knowledge of Programmes and a good overall understanding of ICON’s Skills contracts
- Able to work under pressure, on own initiative
- Valid driving licence with the willingness to travel to other work locations where business needs require
- Satisfactory employment/Disclosure check, commensurate to job role
- Experience in Government funding guidance and performance management specifications
- Seeks excellence at all times
- Displays respect and integrity to others
- Is pro-active
- Has a results orientation
- Collaborates effectively
- Takes an inclusive approach at all times
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.