The Head of Excellence role offers an opportunity to be a part of our growth and success as we take our business to the next level. You will lead on quality, data and funding for our STEM apprenticeship and AEB digital skills training programmes, helping to create an ever more inspirational environment and transformational impact for our clients.
- Instrumental in ensuring that every learner has a comprehensive induction and outstanding experience, excels in all aspects of their programme and achieves good outcomes.
- Prime tendering and RoATP, due diligence, digital account apprenticeship levy employers.
- Leading a culture of excellence by using a range of qualitative and quantitative data to drive operational performance, self-assessment and quality improvement.
- Learner and employer voice collection and distribution of data, handling concerns and destinations data for all learners.
- Staff team understanding of the criteria for high quality provision and Ofsted Common Inspection Framework, organising mock audits and internal inspections as appropriate.
- Data submission to funding bodies ensuring compliant, accurate and timely.
- Work with the Sales Team to ensure that apprentice registration deadlines are clear and agreed.
- Quality lead for awarding organisation EQA visits.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of ESFA, Institute for Apprenticeships and prime provider contractual requirements; as well as current government reforms.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders including prime contractors and funding bodies.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of OFSTED Inspection requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of preparing and returning funding claims, ESFA / Government Funding and Awarding Organisation funding regulations, systems and audit compliance, to ensure maximisation of funding allocation.
- Thorough knowledge of Apprenticeship and AEB funding rules including an understanding of the different funding methodologies for apprenticeship standards.
- Direct experience of apprenticeship contracts and associated compliance paperwork required such as Individual Learner Records.
- Experience of working within appropriate quality assurance frameworks.
- Experience of line management including staff appraisals and development.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to seek out solutions to problems.
- High level of initiative and motivation.
- Experience of identifying, implementing and monitoring best practice processes.
- Knowledge of IT and learning technologies.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative approach to finding solutions.
- Proven examples of developing positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Experience of Smart Assessor learning software.
- Experience of OFSTED and audit inspections.
- Understanding of STEM apprenticeships and EPA across digital marketing, content producer, software developer, data analyst standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of quality marks such as Matrix.
Paul Feldman is the National Skills Agency Data Protection Officer. Your data will be stored until notice is given by you for it to be removed. Our Data Protection Policy will be forwarded to you on request.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive for each role advertised we regret that we may be unable to deliver individual feedback to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. We will retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.
National Skills Agency Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
National Skills Agency is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.