To support the Recruitment & Training Manager to meet Heathrow employers’ recruitment needs.
Our client is seeking a dynamic and forward-thinking Recruitment Officer to join its ever-growing team.
The purpose of this role is to support the Recruitment & Training Manager in meeting employers’ recruitment requirements .You will clearly understand the business needs of the accounts, the roles available and provide good quality candidates. You will ensure candidates have the skills and qualities to deliver great service and support the promise of ‘making every journey better’.
As an experienced Recruitment Officer, you will:
- Screen candidates/learners and conduct basic skills assessments, mock interviews, CV advice, complete action plans and up skill in order to enable candidates to apply for suitable vacancies at, identify candidates that require more help and book on pre-employment training
- Conduct professional working relationships with dedicated accounts developing a good understanding of what those companies do and their work culture; therefore gaining a better understanding of their recruitment needs and requirments
- Proactively source suitable candidates for roles across a variety of industries
- Maintain up to date job vacancies on relevant databases
- Process the relevant registration forms and documentation as required
- Work closely with the Community Engagement Officer to keep up to date with candidate/learner pipeline and progression
- Attend jobs fairs, recruitment days and open days as set out in the strategy to generate candidate flow for the recruitment officers
- Managing candidates’ and employer expectations confidently
- Effectively communicate with internal and external parties in a professional manner
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the standards, processes and procedures
- Understand and promote the culture of “safeguarding” of all candidates/learners who participate in the programmes
- Take ownership for developing and retaining a professional and productive relationship with the team, business partners and candidates/learners.
- Adhere to all of the rules and regulations associated with holding an Airside ID
- Develop and maintain a culture of high expectations for self and others
- Participate in any other reasonable duties/projects as requested by the Line Manager
- Meet all quality standards set out by our client including commitment to, and promotion of, all policies including Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety, Airport
- Attend relevant meetings in accordance to the meeting schedule
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are in place for this job The role holder must meet quality standards and achievement of targets set by our client, performance is monitored as part of the organisations’ quality assurance arrangements.
Together with a minimum of one year’s recruitment experience, good communication and interpersonal skills, you need experience of working to tight deadlines, strong IT skills and the ability to travel to various local venues.
This role is subject to a DBS check and 5-year reference history.
Desirable experience includes:
- Account management
- Working with unemployed individuals
- Experience in an airport environment