Our Client is a charity whose aim is to advance education for the public benefit by promoting qualifications, training and skills.
The charity is the UK’s largest registration and certification authority for apprenticeships and worked based education. With an established background track record in national occupational standards and apprenticeships, we cover a large section of occupational groups across multiple sectors and are committed to future proofing both UK businesses and their workforce.
We are looking for an outstanding self-starting sales professional to join our team and generate sales of End Point Assessment to employers and training providers as well as additional products in our portfolio. The role is initially 6 months Fixed Term with a view to go permanent for the successful candidate.
The role reports to the Chief Operating Officer working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday, 9-5. The role will work closely with the wider EPA and Operations teams and will involve regular UK based travel.
- Ownership of the sales pipeline from lead generation to contract closure
- Development of existing relationships into sales outcomes for End Point Assessment and other products and services
- Ownership of the relationship with the team providing lead generation or lead qualification (both internal and external)
- Leading on all virtual and face to face sales presentations, including the content production
- Achieving sales targets and forecasting income on a regular basis
- Identifying value add activities that the team can either contribute to or develop
- Working with the marketing team to exploit opportunities or improve the product positioning within the market sector
- Regularly updating the pipeline in our clients CRM
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent track record of sales in a similar organisation or sector
- A thorough understanding of the current market conditions for the End Point Assessment product
- Good understanding of the apprenticeship policy landscape and reforms in England
- Proven bid writing skills
- Good financial acumen, particularly understanding profit & loss including margin calculations
- An established network of decision makers within relevant employers or training providers
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues and external organisations/clients
- Experience of CRM systems (Zoho would be a distinct advantage but not essential)
- A true self-starter who is driven by their own success
- Able to work with ambiguity and support in shaping the future of our client
- Fully accountable for own role and supportive in the wider business activities
- Naturally inquisitive with an eye for continuous improvements
- A strong decision maker
- Open to regular performance feedback.
Salary and Benefits
Basic salary from £30k with OTE of £50k.
Auto enrolment into the Peoples Pension scheme up to 5% matched contribution, life assurance and other great benefits. You will receive 27 days per annum holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.